Nissan PU Coolant Temp ?

Hi, I recently had a "lazy" t/stat replaced on my 2.4 lit. '97 Nissan PU. Although the motor warms up much faster (and gets warmer) than before, the temp needle reads 1/8" - 3/16" shy of the centerline (on the C side). This is on an 90 deg. day. Is this correct? Do these motors just tend to run on the cool side, or was the thermostat possibly replaced with one with the wrong temp. rating for my truck.

Thanks

-Ben

Reply to
Ben Abzug

Since the guage isn't calibrated (or even marked), why do you think it is running cool? If you are concerned, find a mechanic with an infared termometer and have him check the radiator temperatures.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I have the same truck as you do. When warmed up, my temp. needle has always been a little bit on the cool side of the center line.

Reply to
Truckdude

I have the same 97 truck, manual trans. It one one time got up to 3/4 that was when hauling a large load up a mountain. All other times it is below half.

Reply to
Larry Colombo

That's about where my 97 2.4 4x4 PU's needle sits. Original T-stat.

Reply to
willshak