Oh Joy, Fitted New Radio!

Ahhh,

Bliss.... Just fitted a new radio to the 1994 Nissan Primera, should relieve any random noises and give me a slightly more future proof system. A nice spanking new Clarion DXZ748RMP, the one with colours!

Pig of a time trying to get it installed, then I realised that a) I was pressing the wrong button to turn the power on, b) the thing has to be grounded through the dash since there's no ground wire on the Nissan Wiring Loom!

All fun.

got a bit of tidying up to do the weekend, removing an old CBus cable, and remove the stray aerial lead - still havent been able to find a converter from the two prong Diversity aerial to a standard connection. Does anyone know of anything at all, in the UK? All the US places won't ship the cables over here.

Need to tidy up all the other wires as well so they don't all droop down into the passenger area.

But now I have two problems that Im not sure what to do about... Firstly, the radio seems to angle up a bit too much, so its not looking square within the aperture. Because of this I have had to remove the surround. Secondly, there's also a huge gap around the radio. The original Nissan one, had a bit of black plasticy foam that was about half a centimetre around. Im not one to use my hands to make things, because they always look jaggedy and not perfect, so, anyone got any tips, or know of anywhere to buy anything to correct these anomolies?

Cheers Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean