Radio wiring in a Disco I

I'm wiring in my hands-free kit - was hoping to use the radio wiring harness, but it seems hard to get to from under the dash (fuse box area). The aerial lead is very tight - doesn't seem much space?

I guess I can trace through the circuits to pick up the +12v and ignition sense - but I was hoping to be able to utilise the mute wire on my Cd/radio too so that the radio mutes when the phone rings.

Any tips on how to get cables up to the radio? Maybe it is easy if I remove part of the fascia by taking out the clock, cup tray etc?

Steve

Reply to
Steve H

You don't say if its a 200 or 300 series disco. The 300 disco wiring comes out quite a way when you remove the radio/head unit. on a 200 its a different kettle of fish!!

Peter S

Reply to
Peter Seddon

On a 200Tdi, if you pull the radio out, and remove the access panels in front of driver and passenger knees, you can quite easily get all manner of wires in the gaps between carpet and plastic. In mine there were some spare switched/permanent 12v feeds as well, which was handy.

But beware, the chances of getting your radio back in the slot and flush with the mount are pretty remote!

David.

Reply to
David French

Sorry - should have stated - it's a 1995 (M plate) 300 TDI.

I can pull the radio right out - but I just can't get to the the wiring from below the dash?

Steve

Reply to
Steve H