Nissan Frontier questions

I am planning to get a 2001 Nissan Frontier 4cyl used and had some quick questions. 90% of the time I plan to carry a 400lb motorcycle in the bed. Very occasionally I may carry an additional 200lb motorcycle (600lbs in bed) and tow a trailer (550lbs) with a 400lb bike (i.e. 600lbs in bed + 950 lbs towing). Would this be a problem for a 4 cyl stick shift? I'm not really concerned about great performance but I certainly do not want to be redlining the truck when going up grades!

My second question is about quality and reliability. I need some opinions on how the truck compares to the Toyota Tacoma. Thanks very much.

Reply to
Kevin Arouza

Kevin Arouza stated:

Toyota will be somewhat more reliable, but they are more pricey new or used. I think the Taco's engine is more 'freer' reving than the nissan. But they are really comparable except the reliability (no one is generally more reliable than Toyo).

The 5 spd is the better arrangement on either model for performance and towing, as both are snail-slow with the autos (good for town driving but slow in every other way) !!!!

Reply to
DaneBramaged

I disagree wholeheartedly with the posters Toyota over Nissan reliability. They are both equally good.

Bring me a brand new Tacoma tomorrow and I can kill it in two hours flat. It's all about how you maintain your vehicles.

BTW, I own an 03 Frontier CC ---->

iBuyMinis.Us

Anyone can destroy any car, given the opportunity.

I've owned both. I had a 1994 Toyota 4x2 (renamed to the Tacoma in '96, I believe) and now a 2000 Frontier CC. The Frontier is a little more basic in the interior, but in my opinion they're about equal. I like the Tundra, but haven't seen the Titan in person yet.

Given my drothers, I'd get a full-size four door (not a quad like the Titan and Tundra are) but in a perfect world...

Reply to
Faze3