Nissan Hardbody New Engine

Hopefully someone has had some experience in this area or at least might know what I can do. I have a 1987 Nissan Hardbody 4x4 manual transmission that had a 4cyl. My mechanic (who I trust) tells me the engine is trash and I need a new one. It looks like I can pick a used engine up for about $300, but if I have to put a new engine in, I was thinking I might as well upgrade.

Would a 6 cyl Nissan Hardbody engine fit right into the 4 cyl fairly easily? If so, I think that would be my choice.

If it takes a lot of messing around and moving stuff, would another engine be better for doing the upgrade?

My mechanic seemed to think I could put the 6 in, but would have to move stuff around and make some changes. He said I might as well get a Chevy S10 Blazer 6 cyl if that's the case.

Any thoughts? I'd rather just have a Nissan 6 if I can.

Reply to
JAC