nissan truck vibration

My 95' nissan ext. cab truck has a vibration { not the wheels ] I have changed the center bearing and checked the u joints they all are good.
Any ideas?
Buddy & Teri
a couple of questions: -under what conditions does it vibrate, ie. speed, cornering, etc.? -how do you know it's not the wheels/tires? have you had them checked for balance or damage?
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 22:26:47 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (george wesson) wrote:

I have had the tires balanced twice it seems to viberate more when it's in a little strain. I supose it could be the engine it has 150,000 miles on it but it still runs good and does not use oil. If it is the engine it is not a solid miss. ( or skip). Any thoughts??
Buddy & Teri
So in other words, if you were to coast down a hill at the same speed in neutral, it wouldn't vibrate? I'd guess then that it's not a chassis problem. If the driveshaft isn't bent or something, then maybe you're right. It could be something to do with the engine. -motor mounts? -flywheel? -some internal problem like bearings?
What kind of vibration is it? Does the whole truck shake, varying with road speed? Or is the vibration more related to engine RPM?
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:58:04 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (george wesson) wrote:

I don't think it's in the drive train If you push in the clutch in stops I must be the engine. It is not a strong viberation just enough to notice.. I have not checked the compression but would uneven compression cause a slight vib.?? It's not a skip. What do you think?
Buddy & Teri
Other than what I already mentioned, I can't think of anything else myself. From what you describe, it doesn't sound all that serious. Keep in mind we're talking about a truck, and at 150k, there'd probably be something wrong if it *didn't* make some sort of noise or vibration! That's what vehicles do, as they age -- just like people.
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 19:07:04 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (george wesson) wrote:

El Kabong - are you the same person from the Ifish site?
<El Kabong> wrote in message (george

No, sorry.
Are the same El Kabong from Ifish?
Check your Nissan dealer. I think they had a campaigh on that viberation problem. I remember stocking some damper blocks that mounted on the frame when I worked at a dealership. Kind of a NATURE OF THE BEAST situation though Sorry to say. But it won't hurt to check.Just have your vin # handy when you talk to them.Ask the service writer to check on any out standing campaigns.
I have a 97 hardbody 4x4 2.4 12v. Does the same thing and had it for 2 years now. NO service engine light and no major noise to anything other then the vib. Just learned to live with it.