NISSAN USA IDIOTS

I emailed Nissan USA asking 3 questions. 1 Did Nissan ever sell a hardbody diesel in the USA? 2 When did Nissan stop selling diesels in the USA?
3 Will Nissan ever bring back the diesel? ANSWERS as follows: 1 Nissan never sold diesels to consumers in the USA (I owned an 82 kingcab diesel) (not only pickups but they also sold Sentra diesels here at the same time AND Maximas). "Nissan never sold Hardbodies in the USA" 3 Nissan has no plans to sell diesels in the USA
must have been a newbi that answerd (I'd put his ass out on the street). I believe the last deisel was 83 but the trucks didnt change much for several years and one could easily swap a desile in. As far as I know the diesels never wher afford in the hard-body (D21) but common in the 720. nissan did build D21 heavy duty trucks with diesels but I think they were only sold as fleet for industrial use. I wouldnt think nissan is likely to ever offer diesels in any passenger vehicles but they have been building industrial vehicles with diesels for many years but under a different name (cant recall at the moment). Seeing nissans impressive entry into the fullsize truck line I would hope that nissan will consider offering it with a diesel in the future.Come to think of it, "Nissan USA" (Nissan North America) never did sell a diesel of any sort it was a new corporation formed in the mid 80's to be financialy independent from it's assian sister. Still whoever answered the e-mail should have explained that. On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 19:51:48 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@sc.rr.com wrote:

Yep, they sold diesel's when they were Datsun but never have sold a Nissan diesel in the US. :-)

--

Steve

http://www.atlantaracing.com
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Well considering the person who answered this probably wasn't born when they did sell them here... :-)
--

Steve

http://www.atlantaracing.com
That person is correct... NISSAN never Sold a Diesel in the U.S. And as you are asking people whom read the English language literally, they were correct in their response and you were incorrect in your Q.
As NISSAN did not come of age in badging until later in the years.
Now, Datsun, on the Other HAND... :-)

Would this be better: 1: Who cares 2: Who cares 3: Maybe?
--

Thanks,

Darryl Skelton
Darryl " Charter" Skelton wrote:

*DING*!!! We HAVE a winner!
--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Next time, ask a historian, not Nissan. Their focus is on now and ahead, not too much on past. Also, rumor is that there will be a Titan based diesel out soon. I think new Car and Driver or Autoweek has a blurb on that.