Nissan Car Names In The USA

Hi All, Could you give me a clue what a Nissan Bluebird is called in the
USA?
I need a workshop manual for a 1991 Bluebird DLX 2.0 diesel and can not
find one in the UK, was hoping that you may have details of where to find
one in the US. But after looking on a few forums, I notice that most
Nissans have different names in the US than the UK.
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.
kompo001
Reply to
kompo001
On 2/25/2005 10:07 AM US(ET), kompo001 took fingers to keys, and typed the following:
Nissan Altima. All Altimas are made in the USA (Smyrna, Tennessee). I don't think there was ever an Altima diesel. Diesel cars are rare in the USA.
Reply to
willshak
Hell will have to have frozen over before anyone in the USA would buy a 2L smoker. Like only 1% of ALL cars in the USA are Diesel. In trucks it's mainly school buses and public utility that run Diesel. Those big 18 wheel rigs you see in films are burning petrol by the bathtub. Petrol is cheaper in the USA than used chip cooking oil and a splash of methanol is in the UK. Your chances of getting a manual for a Diesel car from the USA are zilch. I could go on ...
87-89 UK Bluebird was T12 / T72 (4 door saloon/5 door hatch) USA range it was the T12 Stanza. In Australia it was the T12 Pintera.
From 89-90 UK continued to get the T12/T72 made in Sunderland for Europe only.
as some Haynes manuals don't cover Diesel versions. In whichcase the genuine factory supplement for the engine is best (thoughthat 'new' before the LD20 needs checking up on).
It was replaced in 1991 by the Primera P10.
Reply to
Peter Hill
There was no 1991 altima, they first appeared in 1993. ( we had stanzas in 1991, don't know if that's a bluebird)
Reply to
gary
What's a good way to improve the HP for my Pathfinder. I am totally new to all this but I do know that I need atleast 30 - 35hp more power. The pathfinder-2000 is about 180 only and since I live up the mountains, I am looking for more power.
I have heard of turbochargers and here's an example:
Is this the rite approach? Should I be looking for something different? What's the flip side for doing this?
THANKS!
Reply to
Kedar Dixit
What's a good way to improve the HP for my Pathfinder. I am totally new to all this but I do know that I need atleast 30 - 35hp more power. The pathfinder-2000 is about 180 only and since I live up the mountains, I am looking for more power.
I have heard of turbochargers and here's an example:
Is this the rite approach? Should I be looking for something different? What's the flip side for doing this?
THANKS!
Reply to
Kedar Dixit

Site Timeline Threads

  • got a 2 year old almera and the back lights keep fogging up(mist in them)any one...

    Nissan Autos

  • Sliding door and hatch stopped working. Hoping it's a fuse. Anybody know where...
  • last posted in

    Nissan Autos