OT -- my new screwdriver set

Everyone else is posting OT, so I thought I'd post mine.

A couple weeks ago, I went to Autozone, and bought a screwdriver set, which was on sale for less than $10.00. It contained a nice selection of different sizes and styles of screwdriver. The blades on mine were getting really beat up. So I thought this would really come in handy, especially since they had a lifetime guarantee.

I didn't think much of it until a couple days ago, when my wife asked me to fix the handle that was coming loose on a frying pan. I went to get to get the proper screwdriver from my set, and guess what. The clear plastic cover to the screwdriver set was held in place with 17 -- yes seventeen -- phillips head screws.

I bought the set because I needed screwdrivers -- so how am I supposed to open up the set without another screwdriver? What were they thinking?

Reply to
Jim

thinking?

They didn't want you to lose them, maybe? ;D

Reply to
DemoDisk

Years ago, I tried to get replacements for a set of Sears screwdrivers whose plastic handles started stinking badly. They refused the exchange, despite my showing them their own "unconditional guarantee."

I still have the stinking, but usable, screwdrivers.

JPM

Reply to
DemoDisk

If they are "Craftsman" and not "Sears" then you should be able to get them replaced. You could just ask for a manager if they give you a hard time.

However, they never object to replacing drivers that have worn tips (hint). I get my phillips replaced every few years since they never work well with even a little wear. The straight blades get replaced a little less often, but I never dress them with a file - I just ask for new ones.

I once dressed one to extend it's life a year or so, then brought it back after some more wear and made the mistake of mentioning it to the clerk. I was told "we can't replace it if you used a file on it". So, the next week I brought it back to a different clerk and forgot to mention what I'd done previously.

Reply to
still just me

LOL -- I finally got back here and found your post, thanks. What, only ten days?

The screwdrivers are Craftsman, so thanks for the hints, SJM!

JPM

Reply to
DemoDisk