Possible oversparking on older 3.0 Coils??

Im still having troble with My pathy, and while checking spark the other day, i used an induction timing light to check spark output from coil. I seemed to notice more than one flash per rev of engine on some cyls......I even made sure that the wires were separate.......Can a coil screw up in this way? Or was the testing proocedure likely to fail as a result of using the gun? My Truck still wont run and the head gaskets are ok I think oil is clean and so is anti freeze nothing seems wrong yet it sputters and chokes and geneally wont run/////

PS 87 Pathy that was running fine one day and then basically not at all the next..

Thanks In advance

Reply to
Just me :)

CORRECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Tested the plug wires not the coil wire OOPS !! but thats when I noticed the problem ,,

Reply to
Just me :)