windstar problems

first off sorry for the spelling . my brother in laws van , he was going down the road all of a sudden it spits sputters then dies .waits for a min or two gets it to my place but just barley still running ruff. ask him last time got a tune up done (never) plus i run my scanner on it, it is a mac tools scanner professional enhanced scan tool. says misfire on cylinder #4 . check the spark on cylinder it is there but not blue was orange .so any how changes out the coil pac what a pain that was to get out. get back togeather he tries to start . after a few tries starts up sounds nice . rescan misfire gone but got a p1000 code then after five mins just spits sputters then dies now wont start . your thoughts ,going to replace the egr valve and get the rest of the tune up done ,thanks to any replys in advance

Reply to
john smith

What's a "windstar", and what does it have to do with a Ford focus?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

That would be the predisessor to the Ford Aerostar.. The Winstar is just a Front wheel drive 7pass Ford Minivan

He may of gotten confused there is still people out there who don't realize there is a car called a Focus and Probably assumed it was a Newsgroup "Focused" on Fords The alt.autos.mercury.cougar group is crossthreaded like mad of every Mercury car out there

Reply to
Rob B