Question for Steve T.

Steve,

I want to replace the tranny oil in my 2004 Frontier, 5 speed with some synthetic (Redline MTL in particular). The owners manual calls for 10

3/4 pints of Nissan HQ Multi 75-85 oil or equiv. Will MTL be an adequate substitute for this? I assume the Nissan stuff is GL-4.

FWIW, I put MTL in my '95 Hardbody and it made a noticible improvement in sync operation.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Rob Munach

I can't see why the redline synthetic wouldn't work fine.

Reply to
Steve T

FWIW, I tracked down Redline since I hadn't heard back from you in time. They said to mix 1/2 MTL with 1/2 MT90 to get the correct viscosity.

Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Rob Munach