Remote programming - in & out 6 times does not work

Howdy mates

I am trying to program my remotes on my 2000 Quest.

I get in, close and lock all doors. Then I do the in/out procedure with the key and the ingnition cylinder. I have tried this several times, all combinations and time periods, but nothing happens! 6 times in 10 seconds, ranging from 0.5 seonds per in/out cyles to 1.5 seconds per in/out cycle. I have done 30 in/out cycles continuously. I don't see any flashing of hazards or instrument panel lights.

Am I missing something? Is there another way to do this? Thanks B

Reply to
Benjamin Dover

Hi,

Sometimes the hazard lights won't flash..get in and lock the doors, slide the key all the way in and out of the ignition, about 8 times and listen for a clicking noise in the dash area. If you hear the noise, turn the key into the ACC position on the ignition and press and hold the lock button on the remote.

Let me know how you make out

Mark - Nissan Tech

Reply to
Mark Iezzi

does this also work for a 93 pathfinder?

-- findmypath2

's Profile:
this thread:
629