96 Path CD/Radio recommendations

Factory CD player is giving me problems so I'm ready for a new head unit in my 96 Pathfinder(w/o Bose). What's the concensus, easy to install for a novice? The six speakers in the truck concern me a bit, 1 each in the back doors, 1 each in the front doors, 1 each in the C pillars. Will most new head units handle the additional 2 in the pillars? All specs I read give me the power rating "x 4". What do I do for 6 speakers? Need an amp?

TIA for any advice.

Reply to
Mr Muckle

I had a blaupunkt installed in my 97 pathy. It works fine. The original was nothing but problems.

15:31:31 GMT, "Mr Muckle" wrote:

Reply to
Jim