drivers window cockeyed

the drivers window on my 89 2wd pu leans forward maybe an inch when rolling it up causing it to pinch or bind, i'm having to pull it backwards to get it rolled up, any idea's for a fix?

again, many thanks... JZ...

Reply to
joe z

hmm...my 03 sentra with power windows had the same problem on two separate occasions. the first time the bracket that actually held the window was missing a screw which caused the window to shift when rolling up or down, and the second time some other component was cracked (window regulator?) which also caused shifting.

dunno if this helps any... :P

Reply to
MCP

i pulled the door panel off but did nothing at that time to fix it over a year, if i remember correctly, the tray that holds the window wobbles forward i expect, can't remember, heh...

i own 3 vehicles is why i can't remember how the window malfunctions, excuse...

Reply to
joe z

I had the same problem. The window rests in a single short bracket in the center of the window, and the bracket is connected to the window mechanism. On our truck, the glass had become loose in that bracket, which is sort of a U-shapped channel that the glass rests in, so that the window might tilt forward or back when you rolled it up. It got worse so that sometimes it would come completely out of the channel and fall down the door. Unfortunately I never had the gumption to fix it, but I thought of either using some super glue or some other way of making the window stay affixed in that bracket. That won't help you fix it any, but that's what the problem is. I can only guess that the glue or whatever in the bracket (maybe just clamping pressure) fails after time.

dean.

Reply to
Dino

Perhaps pulling the door panel off and observing what happens when you roll the window up might help. You will have to take the panel off to fix it anyway. As someone else said, it may be that the bracket attached to the glass may have come unattached. If that's the case, drive down to the auto parts store with the inner panel off and get some advice for fixing it. It may be just some rearview mirror adhesive, or a two part epoxy glue to reattach it.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

Reply to
joe z