REPLACING 3.3 NISSAN PATHFINER ENGINE WITH THE 3.5

i have a 99 pathfinder, and it still runs fine, but the current power to gas ratio is poor. and while other cars on the freeway are passing me by rather quickly. can I replace the 3.3 engine with a 3.5 engine or will there too much problem that i should jsut sell it and get a 2002 model? has anyone done it? thax

Reply to
ALMAR MANDAC

You may want to think about selling it and getting what you want.

The engine can be swapped out but you will also need the transmission, the RE4 that bolts up to the 3.3 will not bolt up to the VQ series engine.

Not to mention you will also need the main engine harness, the ECM the transmission control module.

My feeling is that you may end up spending more money on the swap than the truck is worth.

The 2005's are out now with the new 4.0 liter you might want to give it a look.

Reply to
NissTech

Sell it and get a 2001 or newer.

Reply to
ppointer

Sell it and buy something with some power, preferably not a Pathfinder.

Reply to
Meat Plow