rev limited to 2500 rpm

I got a 1990 Nissan Axxess van and after a while of driving, the rpm is limited to 2500rpm, got codes from the ecu code 14 for vehicle speed sensor. I'm an apprentice at GM and to my knowledge the engine doesn't need a vss input to run fine especially being a 5spd. cleared codes and drove for approx 1 hour and didn't act up again, checked output of vehicle speed sensor while wiggling wires, nothing changed, anyone else run into the same problem or have any suggestions???

derek

Reply to
Derek

Same problem reported here on MANY Nissans- Change the speedometer. One of the chips goes bad.

I had the same thing in my Axxess too.

-Pete

Derek wrote:

Reply to