1990 Pontiac-6000LE Problem

I am forwarding a problem I got from a friend:

I hope you can help me I have a 1990 pontiac 6000 le with 3.1 engine .this car run great for about forty or fifty mile then it act like it running out of fuel , first the car loss power if you give it any throttle the engine will die but if you will lat it idle , the engine will idle you will not be able to tell from idle that anythig is wrong but try to give it fuel and it will start sucking in air and the engine will die. with in ten to fifteen minutes and the vehicle will start run great . Fuel presure is at forty one psi with engine off .with engine running the psi is at thrity one lb. intake vacuum 18 by gauge , have replaced map, throttle position sensor, and ect sensor , no hard codes, no soft codes.

Any input to alleviate his issue will be most appreciated.

Reply to
Phillip Duff

try the exhaust gas recirculator valve and the idle air control valve. while you're at it, check and make sure the air filter, the fuel injector[s] and the gas line arent in need of maintenance

then again, have you had the timing checked?

Reply to
Solomon Kozanski