Sentra fuel injection problem

Hoping someone has the key to solving this mystery:

What what cause an my Sentra to flood while running if I stomp pretty hard on the gas pedal while moving or while parked?

I am not able to depress the accelerator more than half pedal at any time or the engine begins to die - like an old carb. with the choke stuck halfway closed... except my 89 Sentra has throttle body fuel injection. Oddly enough, I can rev. the engine to redline if I put the pedal down slowly! It just won't handle a heavly load acceleration.

Whatever is causing this, may have also been the root cause of my fuel pressure regulator to fail.

Any help is appreciated. Fuel Pump checks out okay, new air filter, cap, wires, rotor, plugs, gas is good, no codes in the computer either!!

Ben in Tamaqua PA

Reply to
Ben

It's likely the "hot wire" MAS sensor in the throttle body.

Reply to
Steve T