2003 Problems

Got a 2003 Altima 2.5

Service Engine Light has NOT come on at all during the problem episodes.

Couple of months ago got a trouble code for Crank Position Sensor. Replaced it and trouble went away. Car would just cut off sometimes at un predictable times. Anyway that was fixed when I replaced the sensor. Cleared the trouble codes with ODB-II scan tool and like I said the problem went away.

A month later the car has started to exhibit some major problems. After coming to a stop the car will cut off every once in a while. Also when accelerating from stop the car bogs way way down and with the gas pedal floored the car accelerates very very slowly to maximum speed of 25 mph. What I described is a typical episode. ..

....now after reaching my destination and parking the car.... I come out and leave and the car is fine. Might go several days before another episode like this happens.

Like I said NO Trouble Codes are being displayed and it is driving me nuts. Hard to trouble shoot.

My thoughts are that possibly a EGR problem but I see that the ODB-II has a EGR code it is supposed to display if that is the problem that is detected but nothing is being detected by the ODB-II system.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam in Raleigh.

Reply to