Check Engine Light P0402/P1411

I have a 2000 XLE V6 Camry. Last week, the Check Engine Light turns ON. My OBD II scanner retrieves the following two error codes - P0402 (EGR Flow Excessive Detected) & P1411 (EGR Valve Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance). Any one has any idea which part of the EGR system is faulty?

Thanks.

Reply to
aiuser

Prepare yourself for a long road. I have been dealing with this issue since last spring with my 2000 Camry LE 4 cyl. Don't take it to the stealership, take it to a mechanic you trust if you have one. I have replaced parts that were fine and am now reading 8 different codes. Have fun!

Reply to
camryguy

. My OBD II scanner retrieves the following two error codes - P0402

Prepare yourself for a long road. I have been dealing with this issue since last spring with my 2000 Camry LE 4 cyl. Don't take it to the stealership, take it to a mechanic you trust if you have one. I have replaced parts that were fine and am now reading 8 different codes. Have fun!

Could you expand a bit on your reply? What parts were replaced, and what new codes came developed? Any hint of a vacuum leak? Thanks

Reply to
ED

I did not replace the whole EGR system, but the VSV switch (don't ask me which one) and I replaced another VSV for the evap system on the rear of the car (again don't ask which). I also replaced the gas cap and all hoses leading to and from the EGR valve.

For what the car is worth, I stopped dumping money in it and am now living with the engine light being on. The rest of my codes are all Evap related. I don't know what Toyota did to the car, but it is very frustrating. I have since listed the car for sale and am hoping to get my money back, but no guarantees on that.

Reply to
camryguy

I have searched the internet for same error codes combination. Seems like this combination happens quite often and the problem points to a faulty EGR valve position sensor. I've measured mine and found the resistance is out of range. Planning to replace this sensor soon and see if it cures my problem.

Reply to
aiuser