94 Altima Repair Advice

I have a 94 Altima GXE with 153K miles on it. Recently some problems have arisen and I am looking for some advice on what I should look to repair first.

When I start my car, there is a loud whizzing noise and it also happens when I put the car in reverse. This usually happens when I crank my car in the morning.But it drives fine and there is no noise after the engine is warm. Though the car drives fine, sometimes the the car is jerky during acceleration to freeway speeds. Please recommend what kind of checks, repairs that I should consider immediately.

Also, my weather proofing is in need of replacement. Any ideas how much this can cost.

Thanks for all your help.

Reply to
needadvice