98 Altima GXE Falling Apart

I purchased a used 98 Altima GXE about two years ago and it feels like it's starting to fall apart. Many of the lights on the radio controls are out, the ash tray won't stay in place and the car starts shaking a lot when reaching 60mph. I just got new tires and the technicians were telling me that I have a bad "End Tie Rod?" or something like that, and it's preventing them from being able to align the wheels. The ride is noisy and allows the driver to feel every pebble on the pavement. I don't know if I should keep this car. It still looks nice from the outside

Reply to
Daniel Kim

shaky drive at 60mph may indicate that your front wheels are out of balance, take it to the tire shop. your mechanic may be right too that your tie rod ends are already loose - that can cause clunking noise and less drivability (that's serious). And, with that age, suspension dampers (or rubber bushings) should have already been replaced. these dampers are not expensive - that shoud solve your noisy ride. I think will cost you about $300 to do all these things. I think it's worth keeping your car as long as the engine is in good condition.

Reply to
trhq

Why don't you go to a professional mechanic or Nissan service rep and tell him what you've told us and see what he says? His opinion is the one that matters. Yes, you'll have to spend a couple of bucks, but if saving money is more important to you than a safe ride, then enjoy your savings as your car falls apart.

John

Reply to
The Lindbergh Baby