Anybody else feeling bummed?

Anybody else who bought a 2004 Altima feeling bummed because Nissan so quickly came out with the much spiffier 2005?

For those who bought or tested the 2005, did Nissan improve the quality of materials and fit on the interior? That's one of my biggest gripes against an otherwise fine car--the interior is cheap-feeling and many parts (the doors to the cupholders and compartments especially) feel flimsy. I have a feeling little hinges and springs and clips are going to start breaking just out of warranty. I can see it now--a $2 part with a 75$ labor charge...

John

Reply to
The Lindbergh Baby

Hi John,

Didn't really look at the '04, but did just get a new '05 the 2.5 SL. I read a lot about the quality of the interior materials not being that great from '02-'04, but I have to say there isn't anything that I find "cheap" about the interior of the SL, everything seems very nice and of excellent quality. But then I've only had the car for a week, maybe I'll start changing my mind after some time (don't think so though).

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

Oh yes, I just test drove the 2005 after taking a peek at the interior of the car (when I looked at the interior of the previous version I didn't even bother with a test drive) they worked overtime on the 2005 interior, much better, don't know how well it will hold up, but it sure looks sweet!

Reply to
steve

yes had a 03 3.5SE and the 04 changed. had the car 1.5 years 88,000 miles. the alternator went out $800 to fix. And the driver side window motor went out $450 to fix. the front of the car was ruined. nissan has thin paint and any bugs or rocks will go right through the paint. If you want the front to stay nice plan on painting the front every year (about $500)

other than those items the car was fine. In fact I replaced the altima with another nissan overall happy with products.

Reply to
mastablast