I CANNOT TURN THE KEY IN THE IGNITION

I WILL NOT MOVE. I TRY TO MOVE THE SHIFT TO MAKE SURE IT IS IN PARK & IT WILL NOT MOVE. WHEN I TRY TO PUSH THE BUTTON ON THE SIDE OF THE SHIFTER .I CAN HERE SOME TIYPE OF CLICKING NOISE IN THE KEY INSERT. PLEASE HELP!

Reply to
POLLYANA

This is the only little bit of advise I can say, when the hey is out, the steering wheel may lock into place, if this happens, there can be a strain on the locking mechanisms that keep the wheel from moving. Turn the wheel a little (which may not move in one direction if it is locked) and turning the key while relieving the pressure of the wheel.

If the key turns in the ignition but the button will not press on the trasmission selector lever, there may be a problem with the Shift Interlock system. Put the key in ACC and try to this the lever, most imports are made with a mechanical override, and ACC is the one for yours. Just so you know, the car will not start unless the car believes the transmission is in NUETRAL or PARK. I say believe since the Inhibitor switch (on the tranny) decides whether that is true, not the indicator on the lever, that is simply for reference.

Let us know how it goes.

Reply to
MegAltima