Serpentine Belt broke, now check engine light

My serpentine belt recently broke while i was driving, more like it shreded itself, or split. And the tensioner broke. A new belt and tensioner where installed and when the car was started now we get the check engine light on the dash.

I took it to Autozone to be scanned and they found these codes:

P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

P1350 Fuel Level Sensor B Intermittent/Bypass Line Monitor

How and why did these codes come up onle after the belt and tensioner were replaced? Could the belt have caused this when it went bad?

Do you guys think this codes could be false? Now the car dies when i give it gas and other times.

Any advise what this could be?

Reply to
myc1972

Maybe the belt damaged a wiring harness or a connector when it decided to go postal.

Reply to
jim

Well then - I doubt the codes are false.

No advice, but you're going to need to provide us with the make of the car, the year, the engine size if you expect any help from folks here.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Oh sorry, i was so upset that i forgot to let you guys know what car it is.

It's a 1997 Oldsmobile Delta-88 LS, 3.8L, V6, multiport Fuel injection.

Am going to try unhooking the battery to clear the codes right now.

Thank you for everyones reply!

Keep the suggestions coming please!

I just bought my car a week ago, and this happened.

Reply to
myc1972

Did you buy it from a dealer or from a private individual? If from a dealer, you may have a recourse against the dealer.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Thanks everyone for your reply!!!!!!!!!!!

The check engine light went out by itself, and my friend discovered the problem was being caused by a loose connector to the coil pack module. He tightened a retaining fastner and the problem is gone.

Thank you!

Reply to
myc1972