intermittent dash light problem

My speedometer, RPM, and clock fade out to black when I turn on my headlights. They come back on when headlights are switched off. All the other panel lights work. I have a 94 model. I'm thinking combo switch needs replacing but I can't be sure based upon lack of detail in my Chilton's.

thanks for the help

snipped-for-privacy@ev1.net

Reply to
byramlass

your thinking is wrong.

you need to replace the dash light dimmer control

Reply to
NissTech