Instrument Problem 94 Astro

I took my 94 Astro to a local mechanic for some brake work today. I have recently been experiencing intermittent problems with the dashboard instrument panel light not coming on when I turned on the headlamps. The instruments, including speedometer/odometer are mechanical. The instrument panel light problem has not been there in the last few days. I mentioned it to the mechanic, but he said I would have to bring it back when the light was not working again.

When I picked the van up this evening, I had the following problems:

instrument panel dash lights not on when turning on headlights the chime comes on when turning on the headlights no speedometer odometer not working turn signals worked at first, then died

I took it right back to them, but it was about 5 minutes before closing time, so I had to leave it overnight. It seems coincidental that all this stuff went wrong after they worked on the van. Any clues what could be causing all of this? Any help/insight appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
TM