Misfiring

Hi

I put some extra oil in to my Altima (1996) engine and drove for 400 miles. After I stopped, the RPM meter is moving erratically, and exhaust is giving this discontinuous sound. I had three point fuel injection cleanup after this happened, but the problem still persists. Whenever the car is idled, engine shakes pretty bad. Please give me your thoughts. Thankyou

Reply to
Ramesh Ravella via CarKB.com

Make sure that you don't have a fuel delivery problem. Your fuel pressure could be low (pump or fuel regulator) or your fuel filter may be clogged.

Make sure your injectors are all operating. Start the car. Get a thin stick or bent wire hanger. Make a fist and put the thin stick in your fist. Put the other side on each injector -- you should be able to hear the clicking under most circumstances.

Check your plugs and wires -- make sure they are all in good order.

Also check inside your distributor and make sure there's no oil in it.

the inside of them. You will need a new/rebuilt distributor in that case.

Reply to
Remco

Reply to
Eric F