Next project = Cap and Rotor

Now that I have tackled the spark plugs, air and fuel filters and valve cover gasket set I was thinking about replacing the distributor cap and rotor.

My Altima has 100K miles. The Cap and Rotor have never been changed. I will be at the Nissan dealer on Wednesday picking up a valve cover bolt (see previous post). Is it worth getting the rotor and cap while I am there? From what I have read if I do this job I will definitely stick with Nissan parts. Is changing the cap and rotor as easy as it should be? Any tricks to getting it right the first time?

I change the oil and filter every 4K miles, had the transmission fluid changed at 90K. The coolant has not been flushed, but I do not think that I want to do this myself. Is there anything else I should be tuning up at this time?

Any advice before Wednesday morning would be appreciated.

Reply to
Scott Wieder