OIL IN CYLINDER

I HAVE A 2001 NISSAN ALTIMA. THAT FAILED INSPECTION FOR CYLINDER 1 MISFIRE. AFTER I REPLACED THE WIRES, CAP ROTOR AND PLUGS. AFTER IT FAILED I NOTICED THAT ALL OF THE PLUGS HAD SIGNIFICANT CARBON BUILDUP ON THEM AND ONE OF THE PLUGS HAD TRACES OF OIL. THE LOCATION OF THE PLUG IS THE LAST ONE ON THE RIGHT SIDE. I SPOKE TO SEVERAL MECHANICS AND THEY SEEM TO THINK I EITHER NEED A VALVE JOB, OR I HAVE A BAD HEAD GASKET. !?*&$% JUST NEED SOME EXPERT FEEDBACK! THANK YOU.

Reply to
JC051901

NissTech

you have a cylinder number 4 missfire not number 1

The intake manifold gasket has developed a leak and needs to be replaced

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
john smith

the V6 was not available in the 2001 model year altima

Only 02's and above

Reply to
NissTech