Transmission Service for a 95 Altima

Two mechanics at two different shops just told me not to get a transmission fluid flush on my 1994 Nissan Altima transmission because:

1.)I have gotten them so infrequently, that if I get one now at 107,000 miles, the detergent in the new fluid would loosen dirt in the transmission and cause the gears to lock up or the transmission to mess up generally, causing me to need a $1300 new transmission. I’m thinking to myself, WTF. A (new) transmission filter should catch any particles loosened by the new fluid. My transmission is not acting up now, but I've only had 1 or 2 tranny services in the 9 years I've had it with no problems. Any advice as to how to proceed? Thanks in advance.
Reply to
Steve Us