what's this clipped bar?

I was struck in the left rear quarter panel. The other driver's insurance paid for the repair. It's been about a month. The trunk carpet has been damp. Turned out the spare wheel well was filling with water. The body and fender guy didn't put the two plugs back in place over the two bolts on the driver's side through the trunk floor. Of those bolts one is loose and can't be tightened without threat of breaking the bolt. In the bottom of the spare wheel well was a discarded metal bar dimensions of which are: 8.9cm long x 3.3cm in diameter. There are three channels: 1.8cm from either end with clips and a center channel with a heavy C clip.

Is the car safe to drive with this fairly massive pivot of some kind not reinstalled?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Well, it turns out the bar is I'm told probably a part of some tool one of the workers had been using to repair the fender and not part of the car. Also, the spare wheel well filled with water from a leak in the new left tail light seal not as a result of the two rubber plugs having been left out of the bolt holes.

Reply to
Bill