17'' Wheels on 96 Maxima that had 15'' wheels. Tire size? other issues?

I just bought some 17'' OEM Maxima wheels to put on my 1996 Maxima.

My 1996 Maxima currently has the original 15'' OEM wheels with 206 65 R15 tires. This results in inexact measurement of about 24.5 inches.

Questions;

Will my speedometer and odometer be off because of the different circumfrence of the new wheel/tire combination?

Is it possible to recalibrate or adjust the speedo to accomodate?

Is this expensive? What kind of place should I have it done?

Are there tires available that will result in the same circumfrence once they are on the car as what is currently on the car?

Any guidance appreciated.

Reply to
tonyinclearwater

This will help with your speedo questions.

No One

Yes

No

Nothing can be done,don't waste your time

no

Reply to
NissTech

Actually, that is incorrect. See the tire size calculators below. It is quite easy to get a tire where the difference is very minor.

No One

CD

Reply to
Codifus