64 wagonaire wheels

I have a set of F**d LTD "turbine" alloy wheels that I would like to use on my 64 Wagonaire.. Has anyone used these type wheels on a Stude? I have a new set of 205/75/r15 tires that I'd like to use with these wheels.. Any clearance problem with that size tire? Also, I'm looking for an emblem/decal to put in the center of the hub cap to cover up the F**d logo.. Any suggestions?

Thanks, George Grants Pass, Or..

Reply to
George

I have the larger (5" bolt pattern) which I hope to use on the T-Cab and got some "S" decals on ebay. Unfortunately, I moved about three months ago and mislaid the decals and my current Honda FE project (for fuel savings) has diverted my attention from this endeavor. However, it appears that the wheels will work out fine on the truck once I replace the worn stock brake drums with new modified hubs to accept Ch*bby drums.

The 205 tires should be fine providing your springs are in good shape to ensure adequate clearance.

JT

George wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Check with Jim Maxie.He has such a set on his 63 Daytona.They look good too. He posts here in the NG from time to time.

Reply to
Mertz Racing

E-mail me and i will send you a pic of them on my 63. James Maxey III

Reply to
Studelark

Check the stud hole diameter. You may need to use different lug nuts.

Reply to
studegary

Hi James,

Yes, I'd like to see what they look like on your 63.. What did you do with the center cap? thanks, George

Reply to
George

I didn't bother changing the lug nuts. They worked well - for about 25 miles, then a strange sounding stop after taking a right turn at low speed! Wheel just cocked over.

What did I do to be so lucky?

Karl.

Reply to
midlant

I am running the Rally 500 type F**d rims or the 54 but they are 14 incher 205s. I just wanted the 54 to be a bit lower and have more clearance for the way I drive. I did run 235 70 series 14 on my 65 and that did not work so well. Doring hard turns they would bottom out against the frame sometimes.

I am not sure what the turbines are but I bet Les Swabes can get you non logoed centers and maybe you can find a Studebaker decal to fit the centers.

Reply to
Studebaker Kid

I have not did anything for center caps yet but was thinking of getting american racing caps and drilling the rims for them.

Reply to
Studelark

Reply to
am not r2