1999 maxima traction control system light

I have a 1999 maxima (loaded) and last year I had two (one and then a second different one a couple of weeks later) sensors (o2?) replaced after running rough. Car ran fine then recently had 2 coils replaced at a local garage after check engine light had come on. Now the traction control system seems to be acting up - a couple of days ago the light came on while driving and later went out - It came on again yesterday but when i started it this morning it is off now. I called a dealership this morning and they said they'd test it but sounds like I probably need to replace the other 4 coils all together (and perhaps they said plugs too but I wasnt sure whether that was included or an additional option.) A) Does this sound like the reason the traction control system light came on?Does this sound like the solution and is $578 a reasonable cost for them to do a 4 coil replacement or is this unreasonable or a simple type fixable thing??? Thanks, Dave

Reply to
magician

That doesn't make any sense. The person who said that is clueless. The traction control light has nothing to do with the coils. I think you need to take it to somebody else who can read the fault and properly diagnose it.

Reply to
JimV

Sounds like a bad ground connection to the ECU. Try replacing the negative battery cable first. Aslo check all the other various ground straps.

Might also have caused your O2 sensor codes - the ECU is getting confused with noise due to it floating slightly above ground.

Reply to
common_ sense