2000 I30 Power Seats

My Drivers side power seat will not move forward (it is already all the way back). The seat will move in all other dirctions (up/down, tilt, recline). Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
shortonlwsn

I've had a similar problem with my 2K Maxima. I think I may have gotten something wrapped around the mechanism under the seat as I stuff a lot of junk under there.

A quick fix that worked for me is to hit the area on the seat under where your left thigh would rest. That seems to work for me. About once a month now it gets stuck. I might replace it eventually.

My first look around the internet suggests the motor is going. The part is about $200! I imagine the labor alone at a dealer would bring it close to $400. Ouch.

Reply to
mawalsh

That's about right. It was the very last warranty repair I got on my '96 I30t. They replaced the entire seat track, not just the motor. Mine didn't make any noise at all when I tried to forward/reverse the seat.

You might look under there and see if a knurled nut has come loose on the end of the shaft, if you motor is still running. Seems to me that the shaft can come loose in such case, and the seat wouldn't move even if the motor is okay.

Reply to
jmattis

My daughter's '95 Max wouldn't adjust fore/aft. My indie mech took the motor apart and cleaned the commutator. Works good now.

Carl

snipped-for-privacy@attglobal.net wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan