How to safely tow a 2005 Maxima SE (Auto Trans)

I have a 2005 Nissan Maxima SE. The tires are Eagle RS-A sized P245/45R-18 (96V). I plan to use a 16 Ft. U-Haul type truck with a car carrier (so all four tires are off the ground). Can someone tell me if this vehicle can be safely towed this way?

Allen

Reply to
A Nance

Is there any reason you think towing this vehicle is different from any other? Do you have any specific concerns? I think you are doing the right thing by getting the whole car off the ground, rather than just raising the front-end on a dolly of sorts.

You may want to consider using a good car-cover (you'll have to tie it down of course) to protect the car from flicked up pebbles, etc. (Not sure if this is really a big deal - but something to think about nevertheless).

Cheers. Nirav

96 Max GLE, 117k
Reply to
njmodi

In shopping around for car carriers (U-Haul, Budget, etc.) I was informed that some cars cannot be towed dolly or car carrier if the tires are smaller than 13 or larger than 16. Thanks for the idea about the car cover, not sure how to secure it though without scuffing up the paint.

Reply to
A Nance