2001 Tahoe Question

Yes, I very well know this is a Nissan Maxima NG. I know also that many of you are very cool car folks and may know a thing or two about other models that aren't our beloved Maxima*. So...

My manager has a 2001 Thaoe LT with all the features. It has just under

50,000 (mostly freeway) miles. I have driven it and ridden in many times. She is ready to sell and get a nice Japanese sedan. She's offering it to me for $20K, which appears to be a good value.

What are your opinions on the '01? For those of you with an '01, what are the benefits (yes, I know it is big) and the problems. Will it run into an issue with the EGR valve or CPI unit like my '95 GMC (which had a 4.3 Vortec) or is it more reliable? She's been pretty good at taking care of the engine and never takes it off road.

  • Okay: What exactly is the plural of Maxima? I belive Maxima is a plural to begin with. Would I write "our beloved Maximae"? How about, "our beloved Maximas"?

Reply to
See Your Lights

Well I don't know Tahoes, but... you might want to see what's there at epinions.com

Round these parts we call em Maximas. But since it's Latin, Maxima could already be plural (neuter gender) or Maximae if maxima is singular (feminine gender). TMI, I know

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

Sold my third gen max's (90 & 93) for a 99 'burban. Am not impressed with the overall quality. Have 63k on it. Last I chaecked third gen max' don't pull 20' Chaparral boats. Life is give and take.

-jjj

Reply to
Jay