'95 washer pump

95 w/s washer pump is not working. Switch cycles the wipers, tank is full, nozzles are clear. How to access the pump for testing or replacement? Behind front wheel well? Please post some instructions. Dealer item or aftermarket availability.... TIA Bob 95 SE Auto 158K
Reply to
BeeP

gain access to the area in front of the right front wheel, remove the fender liner to get to the washer bottle.

unplug pump, check for power and ground, if both exist replace pump.

if either is missing report back

Reply to
NissTech

Thanks NT. Do I need to remove the wheel, or just turn it out of the way? Are these pumps dealer-only or aftermarket? Bob

Reply to
BeeP

just remove enough to gain access to the pump harness connector.

I think this may be a dealer only item, it should not be to expensive, under

Reply to
NissTech

Thanks I will report result... Guess the leaves will stay on the lawn a little longer this weekend.

expensive, under

remove

Reply to
BeeP

Washer pump replaced. The pump was available aftermarket. Mine came from a CarQuest parts place. Needed to re-use the original plug. Part price was $37, as predicted. Thanks NT for the help... Bob

Reply to
BeeP