95Max Tire Size

My Max currently has a set of "older" Michelin Tires P205//65 R15 M+S on it. I also have a set of almost new P225 //60 R16 M+S Nokians. Should the latter tires, with the necessary rim adjustment, be mounted on the Max?

Reply to
cpinnegar

What year Maxima?

And then try this site ...

Has lots of info on tire sizing. It doesn't sound like those 16" tires will work, but check the site.

I have a 3rd Gen Max ('89-'94) with 225/60R15's on it. The stock tires are

205/65R15. Many sites (including Tirerack) suggest a 215/60R15 as a possible replacement, but the 225's have a much closer diameter match, and fit the car very nicely.

Bill G '91 SE Auto

Reply to
Bill G

In 1997 the max SE came with 215/55-16, so they might fit. (Famous last words...)

gary k

Reply to
gary

Reply to
Randall Phair

I had 225/60-15's on my 95 SE. They had good cornering, but felt a bit heavier which may have slightly slowed straight line performance, compared with the 215/60-15's that came on the SE models. 225/60-16's are only 1/2" bigger radius so they should fit. But if I ever did put 16" wheels on the car, I think the ideal tire size would be 225/50-16.

The best tires I had on the car were older style BFG Comp/TA R1 racing tires on Infiniti J30 wheels. They cornered well enough to easily lift an inside rear wheel off the ground in corners. I am currently running

205/50-15 Falken Azenis tires which are a little small, but loads of fun. It is getting harder and harder to find 15" performance tires.

PS: My 11 year old 95SE 5-spd won SCCA Solo II divisionals at Fort Knox in

1994 and is still running great
Reply to
David Efflandt