'96 i30 Brake Pads

A few months ago I replaced the front pads with the "middle" priced Raybestos Prostop pads from PepBoys (~$35). Last week I replaced the rear pads, again with the middle priced Raybestos Prostop pads. I'm just too cheap to spring for the $59 top-of-the-line pads.

So far, I have been extremely pleased with the braking. I'm wondering about the experiences of others.

Anyone had a chance to wear out a set of these pads? If so, do they last as long as the OEM pads?

Would I have been better off buying the OEMs because of longevity?

Thanks,

Keith

Reply to
Keith G. Vickers

If you still like them, keep them! Nissan may not be a perfect benchmark for performance.

I replaced my OEM at 72,000 miles with the 'best' OEM Nissan pads. The front pads are chewing up the rotors every time it rains or the humidity goes very high. They get very noisy. Then in dry weather they smooth out after a week or so. Drove me nuts until I figured it out.

Now after 15,000 miles on them, I'm just waiting for the OEM rotors to warp again, so I can pull everything off and replace the rotors with Brembos and the pads with -maybe- ceramic.

The rears are fine though.

JM

Reply to
JM