'96 Max seat heater question.

Hi,

My Max seat heaters seem to work only on the seat back, the seat portion does not appear to heat up. The dealer checked it out and said that it seems to be functioning fine.

My question is, should the seat not also heat up? Its odd to get your back heated (even while you wear a coat), but your but is still cold.

Thanks,

Reply to
Maximum

Dealer's for shit. You will definitely feel the heat on your butt. It is just like showing up late for work for a week.

JM

Reply to
JM

Good, but what is the problem? I know the dealer has removed the whole seat and could not find anything wrong. (I know they removed the seat because when I went to pick up the car, the seat was not installed.)

I d>> Hi,

Reply to
Maximum

I guess a schematic would help, so I'd try to take a look at the dealer service manual. I'd want to confirm whether the left seat circuitry is completely independent of the right seat. Do both seat bottoms fail to heat up? If so, any common circuitry would be suspect. I sort of suspect that the left and right console switches are contained in a single module.

If only one fails to heat, then I'd check the heating element for electrical continuity, and that it is receiving voltage at the proper time. There should be voltage when the on/off switch is "on" and the weight sensor embedded in the seat is "on".

JM

Reply to
JM

My 2002 GLE lost heat on the butt portion of the driver's seat, though the back portion worked fine. Dealer replaced the heater element. And happily, the seat looked like it hadn't been tampered with after the work!

Reply to
Pat