Seat Toledo ABS light problem

Hi All

My dad has a '97 Seat Toledo Sport and is having a problem with the ABS light not going off. The brakes appear to be working fine. Seat of course said we would need a new pump for the car. Then the light magically turned itself back of again after initial light on at ignition. Now the light is staying on again.

Having read some other ABS light posts on the group, some people suggested similar problems could be related to the ABS sensors being dirty or needing replacement. Please could anyone advise where these are located on the above Seat as the problem would seem to be electrical.

Any help or suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Bopper

Reply to
Bopper

ABS Sensors are usually mounted right by the hub. Look for the slotted disc it uses to sense wheel rotation.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Chris

Thanks for the advice.