96 maxima dying at intersections

I have a 96 maxima with a brand new knock sensor and clutch. My problem is that when im in first gear at an intersection, sometimes my engine will die. It restarts fine but I have had this problem before and it had gotten so severe that while i was downshifting to turn onto my street, the engine died and my steering locked up and i missed hitting another car by inches. Once i replaced my knock sensor everything was fine, but now the problem is coming back. Is this a bad knock sensor, or another problem?

PS. I just recently got a malfunction code of P0705 which indicated a Park/neutral switch problem, but i have a manual. Is this another sensor problem? HELP, i want to drive this car off a cliff!!!

Reply to
96maximumpain

Check the MAP sensor for the problem of having the car die. Also, check the throttle position sensor for proper resistance. For the Parl/Neutral thing you should look under the dash to make sure the switch for the clutch pedal is working properly.

96maximumpa> I have a 96 maxima with a brand new knock sensor and clutch. My problem is
Reply to
john smith

Try replacing the pressurized gas cap. Get the correct one - mine said "pre-vented." Made my 92 SE stop all that rough running immediately. See my post from today 9/6/2004 at 12:23 AM. called "Mystery Solved."

Reply to
NetComputerGuy