Odometer problems 2000 Maxima

Greetings, My Maxima has 100K miles and has been running okay. A check engine light has stayed lit but my mechanic said nothing is wrong with the car except that the computer needs to be reflashed. I have not done this yet because I hate dealing with our Nissan dealer.

My problem is that just recently my odometer stopped displaying mileage after the car was on the road for about 15 minutes. This also effected the speedometer and the temperature gauge. The next day the same thing happened. Everything will be fine and then nothing. The car itself seems fine. Any ideas?

Thanks, Bull

Reply to
Bull

Greetings, My Maxima has 100K miles and has been running okay. A check engine light has stayed lit but my mechanic said nothing is wrong with the car except that the computer needs to be reflashed. I have not done this yet because I hate dealing with our Nissan dealer.

My problem is that just recently my odometer stopped displaying mileage after the car was on the road for about 15 minutes. This also effected the speedometer and the temperature gauge. The next day the same thing happened. Everything will be fine and then nothing. The car itself seems fine. Any ideas?

Thanks, Bull

Reply to
Bull

One possibility is bad common ground wire connection for these two gauges. To check, cluster has to be removed, possibly the gauges also. HowToDo: check top left 'Favorite Links', see at

ECU Reset = batt cable off at least 30min.

Reply to
Wiikinki