98 Maxima computer problem

If I replace stock computer with salvage yard computer will it have to be flashed or will it be a plug and go thing. Thanks

Reply to
chris1381

make sure the vehicle it comes off of is the same 'state" version as yours.

There are '49 state" and "Ca " versions,,,different number of 02 sensors (at least on my 2000 that is).

Otherwise it should be OK,,though I welcome comments on that statement.

Reply to
common_ sense

You can replace the ECM with a salvage yard unit but you will need to have all the key reprogrammed to this ECM or the vehicle won't start.

Reply to
NissTech

good point, I forgot about the computer chip keys.

Reply to
common_ sense

question on programming keys. - Does it need to be done by a dealer or can I DIY?

thanks

Reply to
Bob

I thought the anti-theft (programmed key) was a 99 and onwards Model year thing... I don't think it's there in the 97.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Hate to tell you this,,,

It a dealer deal,,

I have seen posts that say 75 bucks a key.

Reply to
common_ sense

Yup. 99 Maximas were the 1st to have a chipped key alarm system.

CD

Reply to
Codifus