'98 V6 - IACV/AAC

I have a P0505 Code. What's the best stratagy to trouble shoot? 97K miles, is oil build up in throttle body a cause? O2 sensors haven't been replace since I bought the car at 70K miles, can they cause this problem too?

Joe S.

Reply to
J.Silva

I think you mean DTC 0505... which means that no errors have been detected or reported to the ECU. So keep driving ;)

Cheers, Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Actually I take that back. If you do have an P0505 (which you said you do, sorry), then thats DTC 0205 - which is the Idle speed code.

You could try to pull and clean out the IACV - the plunger sometimes gets stuck with all that grime build up.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi