00 tire question - BF Goodrich

Time for new tires on my 2000 Nissan Maxima SE....

Anyone running BF Goodrich Touring TA Pro - 215 55 R16 - tires care to comment on how they like the tire, ride, handling, rain, snow, etc?

Reply to
Bob

can't help you with Goodrich. I use nothing but Cooper since

Anyone running BF Goodrich Touring TA Pro - 215 55 R16 - tires care to comment on how they like the tire, ride, handling, rain, snow, etc?

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

have you looked at tire rack reviews and owner survey ? here is link to Traction TA data not sure it is the same as the TA Pro. . . .

Basil

I've had a set of Traction T/A's on my '00 Max for a full year now. We get lots of rain and snow out here on the West coast of BC and I'm pretty happy with them.

Dave

Reply to
Maxpak

Your Se does not take R16 tires,,it takes R17,,,

and they not be cheap,,,,the car uses R 225 50 R17s. Not to many manufactures even make this size. The GLE and std version of the 200 Max used R16 tires. You might have noticed that your SE has a terrible turning radius, and the 17 inch tires are why,,,

i replaced my OEMs at 25k with Nitto NT 450 from discount tires - much better ride and wear than the original Bridgstones, and a bargain at $120 a pop.

"Maxpak" wrote:

Reply to
vander

Well -- I guess I have had a major problem,, cuz I have been running Michelin Energy MXV4 P215 55 R16 91H Michelin Energy MXV4 tires for the last 80,000 miles on my Nissan Maxima SE. That is the size listed on the sales slip, and that is the size stamped on the side of the tires that currently are on the car...

my turning radius is fine.. does not seem terrible to me..

Reply to
Bob

I believe some of the first SE's had 16's - your car being one of those, unless of course, rims have been switched. Although I have no experience with the BF Goodrich's you mentioned, I have been quite pleased with the Toyo Proxes 4's.

Reply to
Naxray

French. I guess that comes under "etc."

Reply to
jmattis

Well like I tired to politely inform the guy,,,??

2000 SEs came with 17 inch rims and tires,,,if he has something else, then they are extremely rare, or the rims have been switched for GLe rims - which came with 16 inch tires.

"Naxray" wrote:

Reply to
vander

TO:

Following is your original posting...

----- Original Message ----- From: Newsgroups: alt.autos.nissan.maxima Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:07 PM Subject: Re: 00 tire question - BF Goodrich

  1. I disagree with your statement -- > Well like I tired to politely inform the guy,,,??

politely ??? ---- It appears to me that in your original message you are making a clear factual statement informing me that I do not know what I was referring to.

  1. You are totally wrong with your statement from your original post -- > Your Se does not take R16 tires,,it takes R17,,,

My 2000 Nissan Maxima SE came from the factory with 215 55R16 tires & wheels..

The window sticker clearly states the tire size...

And in checking with a Nissan Dealer and some tire shops, all of whom state that the 2000 Nissan Maxima SE was available in both 16" and 17".

And other sources you can verify with --- an online review states:

before, GXE models have standard 15 inch radials, but SE models are available with 16 inch or 17 inch performance radials

another online review:

SE is fitted with a unique set of sporty five-spoke 16-inch alloy wheels. (Nissan will offer 17-inch wheels and tires as an option later this year.)

another online review:

16-inch tires were standard on the SE and GLE and optional on the GXE,

So, please, verify your facts before post

Reply to
Bob

well a hole if you had said you were in Canada my answer would have been different,,,

all US 2000 Ses had 17 inch tires,,that was the SE package here,,,,

The package was different in Canada,,,

now go F yourself,,,

"Bob" wrote:

Reply to
vander

Such language on public usenet !! Shame on you...

It appears that you really like to rip on people.

I am in the US, not Canada, my car is US, not Canadian and you seem to appear to be GREAT at forming your own conclusions, however wrong you are, without any basis in fact.

and your language says it all about you...

and you still don't have your facts correct ... your statement ----.

the above statement made by you is totally wrong...... how about you citing a source for verification ???? I gave you 3 places to read to help you learn...

and please please, verify your facts before posting. There is way too much dis-information on the net already. Some other person reading your post might have believed what you said... ( until you used such language ).

BTW - Welcome to the killfile .......

enjoy your life......

Reply to
Bob