dealer says replace rear struts on 2000 Maxima with 16,000 miles

Dealer says rear struts are starting to leak, altho no fluid falling on floor. Does seem to be seeping around top of shocks. Wants about 500 to do this job. Unusual?

Reply to
honoredmatron

If they are leaking then yes, it's time to go. I'd hope it was 16K around town miles on rough roads. $500 is high, but probably not out of the ballpark for a dealer. You should be able to get aftermarket parts installed for $300 or so.

Reply to
JimV

Holy cow. Were you carrying dead bodies in the trunk or something?? :)

Actually, 16000 miles on a 2000 model caar which proabably came out in late 1999 is extremely limited road use. Looks like the seals broke from complete lack of use which is even more odd, I would think.

Like JimV mentioned, I would go aftermarket.

CD

Reply to
Codifus